At first, do-it-yourself lice treatment may seem like the most economical route. The problem is though, they often fail. Then you start over and throw
more money into this bottomless pit. In fact, going the do-it-yourself route often ends up being more expensive than LiceDoctors.
Why are DIY costs often higher?
FIRST THERE ARE THE FINANCIAL COSTS OF DO-IT-YOURSELF LICE TREATMENTS:
- Over-the counter head lice treatment kits (usually several per household!) that are often ineffective—lice are now resistant to the chemicals
- Visits to the doctor’s office/prescription lice products that may not work and are also very expensive
- Days of missed work and school
- Loads and loads of laundry and dry cleaning
- Needlessly discarded combs, brushes, and other hair accessories
AND THERE ARE THE EMOTIONAL,TIME, AND PHYSICAL COSTS OF DO-IT-YOURSELF TREATMENTS:
- Hours wasted applying chemicals and combing only to discover nits in the hair a few days after
- The frustration of mom or dad not being able to see what is in their own hair
- Restless, whiny, and angry children who grudgingly endure picking and pulling at their hair
- Questionable long term effects of toxic ingredients
- The discomfort of itchy scalps and potential burning chemicals
- Back aches from vacuuming, cleaning, doing loads of laundry, and bagging toys and stuffed animals
- Exhaustion from extra late nights, early mornings and lack of sleep
A simple call to LiceDoctors in the Palm Beach Gardens and Jupiter area will set you on the path to end your lice problem. Call us at 772-879-5671 to arrange for a lice expert to come to treat your family any time of the day or night, 7 days a week.