The lice treatment process with LiceDoctors is fast and straightforward. You will not only save time and money, but also get a guarantee that your service will be effective.
Your experienced lice technician will arrive at your home with her equipment and will set up. You will feel better the minute she steps into your home; she understands how stressful (and uncomfortable) the situation is and we promise that she will take the burden off of you. Our goal is to end this lice problem permanently!
Upon arriving at your home:
- Your expert lice technician will explain the process to you. She will apply oil, section the hair, and methodically comb lice and eggs from the hair using a professional grade comb.
- When the hair is dry, she will handpick any remaining nits (eggs) doing a strand by strand check.
- She will finish up with a final oil application and comb-through. Expertise is key; if you leave nits in the hair, untreated, the case will restart.
- We leave you with a safe, easy-to-follow treatment plan that will ensure that the case is fully eradicated. The after-care plan also eliminates the need for doing housework and laundry.
- Your technician will answer any questions and will advise you on how to prevent future infestations
- In almost every case one visit from LiceDoctors is sufficient.
REASONS WHY LICEDOCTORS IS RIGHT FOR YOU
LiceDoctors offers a unique combination: the expertise and resources of a national lice removal service combined with the accessibility and personal touch of a local business. LiceDoctors’ technicians eradicate super lice every day! Many companies offer their services for the treatment and removal of lice, but ours stands out with a number of clear advantages.
- Convenient - There is nothing like the personalized and private care of an in-home visit. Service in your home saves you time and the hassle involved with driving your kids to a clinic. In addition, there are no worries about your lice-free child picking up a case at a salon or your kids catching whatever virus is going around.
- Private - Your technician comes to you in an unmarked car so if you want to maintain your privacy there are no worries of being spotted walking into a salon.
- Experienced - We have successfully treated nearly 500,000 clients. We know how to handle every situation that arises with a lice case because we have done it before!
- Expert - In the lice industry, anyone can hang up a shingle. You want to be sure that you are in good hands. We have been successfully treating families for over 20 years. Our expertise means that we get the job done right and expediently. There is no industry-wide certification process so if a lice company claims to be “certified” it means that they are calling their own training process a “certification”.
- Fully Guaranteed - LiceDoctors offers a 30 day guarantee (for details, see below). We know that your treatment will be effective and we are proud to stand behind it.
- Best Value - Our prices are among the lowest for professional lice treatment. Per head pricing at salons almost always ends up being more expensive. Because of our expertise, we are able to eradicate lice in a very reasonable amount of time in one visit. Treatment is covered by most HSAs and FSAs and we can provide you with a receipt and diagnosis code to submit to your insurance carrier.
- Medical Doctor on Staff - LiceDoctors is the only mobile head lice service with a board-certified physician on-staff: Dr. Stephen Beck. Dr. Beck is an expert on and an advocate for chemical-free lice treatment.
- Safe - All treatments are safe. We have never had a client have side effects. Technicians use no chemicals, gimmicky enzyme products, potentially risky heat devices, or possible allergy-triggering products.
- Available - LiceDoctors operates 7 days a week, 365 days a year, from early morning until late at night. We know that when you find head lice you don’t want to wait!
- Flexible - At-home service affords you maximum flexibility; when one child is finished being checked, she can return to her everyday activities - no need to wait for little brother to be treated.
LiceDoctors is confident that your LiceDoctors lice treatment will eradicate your head lice because we have successfully treated over half million clients! We want you to be confident as well so treatments come with a 30 day guarantee.
- You are guaranteed to be lice and nit-free upon treatment and adherence to our simple follow-up plan given to you by your technician.
- It is normal to find some nits in the days immediately following treatment; the follow-up will eradicate those. In the event that you find a live bug(s), just add more oil to the hair that night and the bug(s) will die.
- LiceDoctors’ after-care protocol was developed by our on-staff physician after comprehensive research.
- If you think that you have found nits after the follow-up is complete, please call us at 800-224-2537 and press Option 3. You may be asked to send us a picture so that we can review it.
- Usually what is sent to us is not nits but rather debris or DEC plugs (white secretions from oil glands). Nits are brown when placed against a white background and are oval with a point on one side. DEC plugs are white and blend into a white background; they are not an indication of head lice.
- In the extremely unlikely event that you still have an active case of head lice after completion of the basic after-care plan, we will treat you free of charge.
- If you insist on a recheck before the follow-up plan is completed, despite our assurance and experience, you will be charged a reduced rate of $150 for the first hour and then $99 per hour thereafter.
- If you choose to go to another treatment service before giving our guaranteed lice removal a chance to work, we will not refund your money.
- The guarantee only applies to families who have been fully treated by their technician. If you opted out of the full treatment, then you signed a waiver and are not entitled to a free revisit. If you insist on a revisit, you will be charged the full rate.
LICE TREATMENT COMPARISON
LiceDoctors understands that the treatment of head lice is an expense that you didn’t expect. We have made it a priority to offer our services at a price that is usually the lowest in the area. Our prices compare favorably to those of lice clinics and prescription lice treatments.
LiceDoctors offers a simple and convenient procedure in the privacy and comfort of your family’s home. Your child-friendly technician will put you at ease as she deftly removes all visible lice and eggs. If you have any further questions regarding the process, please visit our lice removal service locations page or call at 800-224-2537 and a lice expert will provide you with the answers you need.