In your area there may be multiple head lice treatment options. Because there are few barriers to entry to the lice treating world; anyone can set up shop like ghost busters, but that does not make them a good lice professional. To help families make educated decisions regarding choosing a lice treatment professional, LiceDoctors has provided a checklist of what to look for when hiring a truly good lice removal service so parents can ensure that they hire an effective head lice professional.
WHAT IS THE LICE TREATMENT PROCESS?
Eradication of lice and nits is a process. A true head lice professional isn't only effective at removing lice and nits, but, having received proper training, is knowledgeable about the nasty pests. She is able to provide a follow-up to ensure eradication and helpful tips to prevent head lice and protect against future outbreaks.
Top head lice professionals during the lice treatment process remove visible bugs and eggs, treating all family members at the same session. The service requires only one professional treatment, however, the whole family should be advised of a follow-up plan to ensure freshly laid eggs are addressed, avoiding the added cost of additional lice treatments.
LiceDoctors signature treatment targets all forms of head lice, even super lice, by using an all natural special technique combined with a follow-up plan to get rid of lice without requiring two treatments or more.
Checklist - What to Look For in a Good Head Lice Company
- Experience: How many clients has your company treated? Experience counts and adequate practice makes perfect. Nothing prepares an individual for head lice removal like experience. As you treat more clients you become more skilled at finding small eggs and bugs.
- Track record: How long has your company been treating families? You don't want to use a pop-up company or lice salon with no record in lice treatment services that will send an untrained professional. Choose a company or individual administering lice treatment that will be around tomorrow to stand by its work.
- Process is important: What is your treatment process? Make sure the head lice treatment process includes steps to kill lice bugs (shampoos do not do this) and for extracting the lice eggs. Eggs have an impenetrable shell, no product or DIY options kill lice eggs, so they must be physically removed from the hair.
- Follow-up: Do you have a follow-up plan? Head lice treatment goes beyond a single treatment. Beware of lice treatment centers and lice clinics that advertise curing an infestation in one sitting. On the day of treatment, there'll be microscopic eggs in the hair freshly laid that are too small to see. Targeted follow-up will address these.
- Treating the home: What about the treatment of the house? Average Americans suppose that cleaning the home is as important as treating the head. Lice live off the head only a day, so beware of anyone advertising treating the home. Major cleaning of the house is unnecessary to get rid of head lice. The head, not the house, requires treatment.
- Who to check: Is it ok to have one person checked? Any good head lice screening service should answer “not recommended to only treat one family member”. The bugs are contagious. In most cases, more than one member has gotten the case. You'll be frustrated if you clear up lice in one child, only to learn later that you also have it. The only exception is dads as adult men are not highly susceptible to lice.
- Guaranteed: What is your guarantee? You want a company that is confident enough in lice removal to provide a guarantee. At LiceDoctors, we have a 30-day guarantee.
- Reviews: Does your company receive positive reviews from clients who have experienced head lice treatment with you? It's helpful to know that your chosen lice treatment service or other lice clinics you may consider employs top head lice professionals that are more than just nice people with positive entry contact. Feedback from others who have trusted their hair and family members to a true head lice professional will provide insight as to whether you are dealing with a good lice professional.
WHY CHOOSE A PROFESSIONAL LICE REMOVAL COMPANY?
It can be very challenging to treat head lice on your own. The bugs are very fast moving and the eggs camouflage in with the hair. Forget about treating yourself; that is nearly impossible. Then there are the chemical lice shampoos that no longer have the effectiveness that they used to as these pests have become resistant. This is a job best done by a professional with the expertise to get it done properly and safely.
When looking for a good head lice company, be wary of other services that do not disclose hidden costs and potential dangers, such as travel fees. Our technicians undergo rigorous training and will help put you at ease. We offer a full guarantee that our treatment plan works. LiceDoctors has treated over 600,000 clients and we can help you too!
LiceDoctors has successfully treated over 110,000 clients. We use an all-natural olive oil based plan that was developed nearly 20 years ago by our board certified physician medical director. Our technicians undergo rigorous training and will help to put you at ease with their know-how. We offer a full guarantee that our treatment plan works. LiceDoctors has an "A" rating with the Better Business Bureau. Book an appointment right now!