Lice Treatment Pricing
How Much Does Your In-The-Home Lice Removal Service Cost?
Lice treatment services are charged either per person or by the hour. Hourly pricing is usually the less expensive route to take. LiceDoctors charges by the hour and our prices to check and treat the family are among the lowest in the industry. When considering a lice treatment, if a company quotes a lower hourly rate, find out how long it takes to check a person’s head; less experienced service providers may take several hours per head.
In addition, make sure there are no hidden costs including mandatory follow-up visits, requirements to purchase products, extra fees for longer hair, etc. LiceDoctors offers the option to purchase a professional grade lice comb and lice prevention products but they are not required.
|Average Cost 4 People|
|1st Hour Including Travel*||Each Additional Hour|
|Competitors Typical Salon Pricing|
|Average Cost 4 People|
|1st Person||Each Additional Person|
Your LiceDoctors treatment comes with a full guarantee (see here).
- Treatment is covered under most Flex Spending Accounts (FSAs) and Health Savings Accounts (HSAs).
- Lice removal service may be covered under your medical insurance plan. We can provide you with a receipt with a diagnosis code.
- We do NOT charge per head, which is generally more costly.
- The average treatment time is 3 hours per family (of 4).
- Factors that determine length of stay include severity of infestation, number of family members, and length/thickness of hair.
- There is a one hour minimum; there is a 2 hour minimum for clients who are farther than 40 miles from our closest technician.
- Any additional time will be charged in 15 minute increments.
- There is a $20 surcharge for Sundays.
- We accept all major credit cards.
- Our plan requires only one visit. If for peace of mind, you want a return visit, we will accommodate you for a flat fee of $99, within 50 mile radius. Please note that this is optional and not necessary for full lice eradication and guarantee.
*Additional charge if over 50 miles; prices may vary in New York, Connecticut, and New Jersey. Tolls are additional. Holiday surcharges may apply.
- To cancel a scheduled appointment, you must call 800-224-2537 and speak to a dispatcher. Do not leave a voice mail on this number or any other number.
- There is a $75 cancellation fee if you cancel within 24 hours of the scheduled appointment.
- If the technician is on their way to your home or has arrived, you will be charged for one hour plus travel.