Uncertainty breeds anxiety, so it’s not surprising that many first-time clients are nervous and may have no idea what to expect when a LiceDoctors technician shows up to their home. LiceDoctors technician, Chelsea, explains what to expect.
There are a few helpful hints for what you can do, and what you don’t have to do, to prepare for your technician visit.
- If your appointment is not that same day, you can get a head start on the process by letting your hair soak in olive oil overnight. The oil can be as cheap or as fancy as you’d like; it’s only important that it be oily (and not solid like coconut oil is at room temperature). Saturate every strand with the oil and use a standard plastic comb to help distribute it throughout the entire head. This is NOT necessary but it will kill live bugs if you want to get started.
- You do NOT need to throw any bedding, clothing, or toys into trash bags.
- You do NOT need to throw out your hairbrushes. In fact, you can leave your entire home as it is. The technician will explain in more detail how the process works, and why you don’t need to spend hours cleaning as long as you follow the protocol.
- Try to find the most well-lit spot in the house, especially one that’s close to a sink. The technician needs as much light (natural light is best but not necessary) as possible so she can make sure she is seeing all of the visible bugs and nits. She will also be using water to dampen paper towels or rinsing tools. You can help point her in the right direction when she shows up.
- Maybe most important is that there is no need to be nervous! LiceDoctors technicians have often seen TONS of cases, and “messy” homes. As long as there’s a spot for them to set up, they are ready and able to do their job. So don’t be self-conscious, and feel free to ask as many questions as you’d like. Technicians are armed with tools as well as plenty of facts and experience.
When technicians arrive to a client’s home, they will come with the tools they need. Although they do their best to keep things clean and clean up after they’re done, it is always helpful if the clients old wear clothes (no ball gowns). You can expect the technician to explain in-depth what she will be doing, and what you will be doing once she leaves to prevent a recurrence.
Some clients are also concerned about their children being upset by lice. Making sure you explain to them what will be happening beforehand can help ease minds! Many children find the physical feeling of having their hair combed soothing, so preparing to keep them still and calm (in whichever ways work best for them) will go a long way to making sure the LiceDoctors visit runs smoothly and efficiently.
If you find that your children are victims of head lice, fight back. Use the most powerful and successful lice removal system out there: LiceDoctors. Call today in Midwest City and Moore at 405-416-5484 .