Updated on June 25, 2020
Schools in Sparks do not hold to a "no nit" policy, meaning they do not restrict children from school, transportation, or activities because of the presence of lice or nits.
SPARKS AREA SCHOOLS
- School nursing management of the student with head lice, and support for his/her parent/guardian, will be provided within established parameters of safe, researchbased standards of prevention and control, with the objective of having the student fully participate in all educational and school-sponsored activities to the maximum extent possible.
- Students with identified head lice or nits may ride District transportation, participate in all classroom and educational activities, including field trips, and will not be isolated from their peers.
- Teachers and other school personnel will maintain discretion and confidentiality when dealing with students who have head lice or nits.
- Teachers and other school personnel will be alert to and intervene appropriately in order to prevent bullying of the student with head lice or nits.
- In cases where a student has a chronic and/or persistent case of head lice or nits, the school nurse will contact the parent/guardian directly and provide ongoing support, community referrals, resources, and education regarding treatment and control.
Source: Washoe County SD
If you live in Sparks or a surrounding community, you want a lice treatment service you can trust. If your child contracts a case of head lice, LiceDoctors is here in Sparks to help carry the burden of treatment. An experienced and kind lice expert can come to you today to eradicate the head lice and send your child back to school confidently lice free. Call 775-525-8644 for same day treatment and immediate peace of mind.