Many of us see the irony (and humor) in tidying your house for a cleaning service. While readying for a home lice removal visit isn’t quite the same, a bit of preparation can go a long way in making the experience go as smoothly and comfortably as possible.
1. Take the Time – Because this process can take longer than anticipated and involve multiple family members, make sure everyone’s calendar is cleared for a lice check and possible removal procedure. You want the technician to have ample time to do the job effectively, the first time. No field trips, weddings, or major events should be scheduled for the day.
2. Freshly Washed Hair – Hold the Product! – Clean hair is a must for lice removal as is NO goopy, sticky, shiny additions to your strands. Your tech needs to see exactly what’s going on in that head so leave the gel and spray off for the procedure.
3. Have a seat – Make sure everyone who either has or may have lice will be comfortable sitting in a mid-back upright chair for an extended period. Comfy is helpful.
4. Dress for the occasion – Ideally, tops that leave the neck area exposed are ideal. Think old loose neck tee shirt, tank top, or similar. Nothing of great value – ideally something you’d garden or paint the home in that you’d have no problem messing up. Leave the turtlenecks and fine threads for another day.
5. Lights, Camera, Action – Optimally, your “removal station” will be set up in a very well-lit area so the technician can have the best viewing. Even though she brings magnifying equipment and lights, the brighter the better. Your tech wants to get all those critters.
6. Easy Breezy – Ventilation – as in any procedure, some decent air flow is also an ideal scenario for the lice removal procedure as, sometimes, a stuffy room makes it harder for everyone who may be committing a few hours to the process.
7. For the kids – a book, iPad, music, television or a movie -- any activity to engage them for an extended period isn’t a bad idea as the process can be tedious. Good ole conversation will be supplied but it’s always smart to have several entertaining distractions of interest ready for the little people in the household (and sometimes the bigger people too).
8. Positive Attitude – Presumably this problem has been sneaking about for enough time that you called in the experts. Now that they’re here, it is important to embrace the processes so that it is pleasant for all involved. Having lice isn’t fun but getting rid of it can be!
9. Don’t Worry, Be Happy. – Nobody ever died from a case of head lice and more than anything, it’s just a nuisance. Feel good, because you’re doing the right thing and taking care of it, the proper way!
When you are in need of help in eliminating lice, call us at LiceDoctors at 614-929-2385 and a lice expert will come and check your family right in your home at a price that is lower than salon prices. A LiceDoctors professional knows exactly what to look for in the hair and knows how to get rid of it. Nits camouflage in the hair and the head lice move quickly away from the light so if you are not trained with a lot of experience, this is often very challenging to deal with. It is often more cost-efficient and time-effective to have a professional take care of lice treatment. Call LiceDoctors today for same day treatment that is guaranteed to work.