Your local Akron – Canton – Cincinnati – Cleveland – Columbus – Dayton – Toledo head lice treatment and removal service!
LiceDoctors offers all-natural, step-by-step, in-home head lice treatment. Absolute convenience and privacy. No worries of running into a classmate at a salon or of picking up a case of lice at the salon if you are lice-free. In-home service means maximum flexibility; when we finish treating you there is no need to wait for siblings to be treated.
Same day service – 7 days a week – 20 years experience–250,000 successfully treated clients. LiceDoctors is the only lice treatment service in Ohio with a medical doctor on staff. Treatment is guaranteed effective. LiceDoctors has an “A” rating with the Better Business Bureau.
Ohio Lice Removal Service Numbers
Ohio School Lice Policy
Ohio Lice Treatment Client Testimonials
“Very pleasant, fast, efficient and easy. The girl who came out to our home was professional and knowledgeable. By the time she left I felt completely confident that this would not be a problem for us any more. Our kids heads were itch free and squeaky clean. They saved us a lot of time and struggling, I am glad we went with this. Easy and effective. I would most definitely recommend this company!”
Matt E. in Cincinnati, Ohio
“Well worth the money. She was very thorough with all five members of my family. We called LiceDoctors on Saturday afternoon around 5 and they showed up at my house on a Sunday about noon and didn’t leave until almost 6. She trained us on what to look for and informed us on extra steps to help mitigate any further infestation. We thought our daughter was the only one that had a problem, but she later proved to us that everyone in the household did in fact have a problem whether we realized it or not at the time. If you’ve got a lice issue then I highly recommend you give these guys a call.”
Jeremy W. in Cincinnati, OH
“Discovering lice can be a scary and embarrassing event. LiceDoctors came to us and as soon as she walked into our home, we felt much better. When you have a technician who know what you are going through and knows how to how to help your family to get rid of the lice and nits, it is a huge weight off of you. We are so grateful to LiceDoctors.”
Karen G. in Cleveland, Ohio
“LiceDoctors was a pleasure to deal with… quick, effective, and professional. No one wants to deal with lice but LiceDoctors made the experience as pleasant as possible. It was a relief for us that they came out to treat us so we didn’t have to pack everybody up in the car. My daughter was petrified that someone would see her in the salon… you know how self-conscious teenagers are. Well this guaranteed solution ended our battle with lice in short order. Robyn was so calming to our family and really knew her stuff. She taught us how to identify nits and how to help prevent future lice infestations. If we ever deal with lice again I’m not wasting my money on those treatments that allege that they work because none of them did except LiceDoctors.”
Susan J. in Columbus, OH
“Just a quick note to thank you for offering this service. I have already referred LiceDoctors to some friends. You saved me so many days of work that I would have spent operating in the dark, as I really knew very little about head lice. You provided me with excellent treatment and the appropriate information to handle head lice in the future. Thank you.”
Michelle T. in Dayton, Ohio
Ten Facts of Lice (and Nits) You May Not Know
At LiceDoctors, we get several calls a day from people who have questions about lice. Many have heard information that is untrue. Based on 20 years of experienced with head lice treatment we have put together important information to help educate people about head lice and to clear away some myths. There is a lot of misinformation on the Internet which contributes to the confusion.
- Head lice are extremely hearty and have become resistant to chemical treatments. The bugs have mutated and many common chemical lice shampoos do not accomplish the task of killing all of the lice. These hearty lice are called “super lice”.
- Lice treatment products do not pierce the shell of a nit (lice egg). The shell is impermeable so products do not get through it and therefore do not affect the baby bug that is growing inside.
- It is not likely that you will get head lice from inanimate objects such as hats, helmets, backpacks, car seats, coats, etc. Head lice spread primarily from head-to-head contact.
- Head lice die when off the head for about one day. They need the specific temperature of the human scalp plus their food source which is human blood.
- You need only to treat the head appropriately, not the house, when trying to kill head lice. Head lice can only survive off of the head for one day. They need the blood and temperature of the human head to live. It is a waste of time to scrub down the house, do loads of laundry, and bag all of the toys. We repeat, you need to treat the head not the house.
- Not everyone is itchy from head lice. Some people have lice for months and have no idea because they feel nothing on their head and have no itchy symptoms.
- Eggs are not contagious; the only way you can get a case of head lice is if a bug climbs into your head. That bug lays up to 10 eggs a day and when these hatch, live bugs will come out and the cycle goes on. Eggs (nits) are stuck to the hair and cannot move to someone else’s hair.
- If your hair is dirty, it is less likely that you will get head lice than if your hair is clean. Many people think that lice are attracted to people with poor hygiene, but in fact that is not true at all. Dirty hair tends to have an oily sheen, which makes it harder for the lice to adhere to the hair.
- If a child has head lice, it is highly likely that the mom has it as well. In the vast majority of cases children have passed along their infestation to their mothers. It is far less likely for the dads to present with lice then the moms. Because lice are so contagious, it is also typical for siblings to pick up lice from each other.
- It is important to do some follow-up at home. Lice eggs are microscopic for a day or so after they are laid. In order to get rid of the lice infestation, it is very important to follow-up so that if there is anything in the hair you can remove the lice eggs or nits as they grows big enough to be seen.
At LiceDoctors, an experienced lice technician will eliminate all bugs and visible eggs. She will then leave you with a simple follow-up plan. Give us a call in Ohio today for safe and effective lice treatment in the privacy of your residence-800-224-2537.Make An Appointment Today!