How Much Does Our In The Home Lice Removal Service Cost?
LiceDoctors charges $100 per hour and the average is 2 hours to check and treat the entire family. Our prices to check and treat the family are among the lowest in the industry. We do NOT charge per head, which can easily cost $600 and up per family. If a company quotes a lower hourly rate, find out how long it takes to check a person’s head; less experienced service providers may take several hours per head. We are trained to treat the family in an efficient manner so that it does not take us several hours per person. Remember we back up our treatment with a 100% guarantee.
* prices may vary in New York and Connecticut.
At LiceDoctors we have a one hour minimum; if it takes us longer to eradicate your family’s head lice you will be charged $25 per 15 minute increments. In addition, we offer you the option to purchase the Terminator lice removal comb for home follow-up at $15, which is a very competitive price (some companies charge as much as $25 for the same comb!). There also may be a small round trip travel fee of approximately $25-$35.00.
We accept all major credit cards. Most Flex Spending Accounts and Health Savings Accounts cover lice treatment service. Lice removal service is not covered under medical insurance plans. We do NOT require a credit card to hold an appointment.
Costs of Do-It-Yourself Treatments-Monetary, Emotional, and Physical
Keep in mind that there is cost involved with any lice treatment that you do. In fact, going the do-it-yourself route often ends up being more expensive than using LiceDoctors. Why is that?
Consider the monetary costs of the following:
- Over-the counter head lice treatment kits that often do not work
- Visits to the doctors’ office/prescription shampoos that may not work
- Days of missed work and school
- Loads and loads of laundry and dry cleaning
- Needlessly thrown away combs and other hair accessories
And, of course, there are the emotional and physical costs of do-it-yourself treatments:
- Hours spent in vain combing and treating and picking only to find out a few days later that there are still nits in the hair
- The frustration of mom or dad not being able to see what is in your own hair
- Restless, crying, and/or frustrated children who endure picking and pulling at their hair
- Long term effects of toxic ingredients??
- The discomfort of Itchy scalps
- Back aches from constant vacuuming and doing loads of wash
- The biggest toll of all are the emotional ones which include but are not limited to frustration, anger, humiliation, guilt, worry, stress; all of which can be alleviated by a short visit from LiceDoctors
LiceDoctors Offers a 100% Guarantee That We WILL Eradicate Your Head Lice Problem. What Does That Mean?
First of all, if we find nits in the hair, we will show them to you. A reputable lice service should show you what they have found so that you will know, in fact, if you are infested and how to identify nits in the future.
When we leave your home, all bugs and visible nits will be gone. You will no longer be contagious!
We will leave you with directions for an at-home follow-up plan (included in the price); if after following the plan, you still find nits in the hair, we will come back to your home at no charge to you.
We are able to offer this kind of guarantee because after using our head lice treatment protocol for 17 years, we are that confident that we will eradicate your lice infestation. In fact with a 99.9% success rate, the highest documented and publicized success rate among lice removal services, we have earned the right to be confident in our services. You will be too! We guarantee it.