Even in the relatively cold climate of Alaska, head lice are commonplace. LiceDoctors knows how overwhelming it is to discover lice in your family and we are here to help you. Expensive drug store and prescription lice pesticides are no longer effective as lice have become resistant to them. Technicians use all-natural, comprehensive treatment protocols that work every time without the potential side effects that may accompany chemical treatments.
LiceDoctors is the only lice treatment service in Anchorage with a medical director on board. Dr. Beck is a board-certified physician who has extensively researched head lice.
Besides having a doctor on-staff, what differentiates LiceDoctors from other treatment options is that we have one of the longest track records of success and we provide a full guarantee.
LiceDoctors values your time and therefore we provide the convenience and flexibility of service right in your home (or wherever you want us to go). We come to you in a plain car (no LiceDoctors sign) any time of the day or night that you need us. Our treatment is cost-effective and it works; you don’t need to waste money on chemical options that are ineffective.
LiceDoctors has an unparalleled track record; we have eliminated head lice in over 250,000 clients! We not only get rid of head lice, we educate you about lice and give you tips on early detection and prevention. We are proud that the we have earned an “A” rating with the Better Business Bureau and we promise that we will help you to put head lice in your past. Call us in the Anchorage area at 907-290-2307. LiceDoctors’ treatment is covered by some insurance plans and most FSAs and HSAs.
Anchorage Lice Removal Service Area
LiceDoctors makes house calls to families located in the following Alaska cities: Anchorage, Big Lake, Bird, Butte, Chugiak, Eagle River, Eklutna, Elmendorf Air Force Base, Fishhook, Fort Richardson, Gateway, Girdwood, Indian, Knik-Fairview, Lakes, Meadow Lakes, Palmer, Portage, Tanaina, Wasilla and more.
Lice Treatment Client Testimonials
LiceDoctors’ Technician Knowledgeable and Terrific with Kids
“Please pass on to your LiceDoctors technician, Gloria, how much we appreciated her help. She blew us away with her expertise and knowledge of head lice. Also she was absolutely terrific with our 2 little girls. She even got us to laugh and enjoy the delousing process which was a minor miracle. It has been six weeks and we have yet to see another nit or bug. Good riddance to head lice thanks to you all at LiceDoctors.” – Jamie S. in Anchorage, Alaska
Finally Clear of Lice
“Sara was wonderful and got us all to relax. She has the hands of a fairy godmother waving her wand to make the lice and eggs disappear. In this case, however, the fairy godmother worked diligently and carefully to make sure our wish of lice-free hair came true and it did!! It’s great to know that my daughters are finally clean and now I have the tools and information on the best way to prevent this from occurring again. Thank you, LiceDoctors for saving us.” – Kunik B. in Portage, Alaska
LiceDoctors Helps Do-It-Yourself Mom
“We tried every lice removal product the drug store sold plus a few we bought through the Internet, but after five months, even do-it-yourself moms need professional help.
The help, a lice professional working with LiceDoctors, came quite quickly (the same day we called), and before we knew it, our kids (not to mention my husband and I) were at peace. After our long fight with the lice, we knew pretty quickly that this was the solution that would last.” – Marty L. in Knik-Fairview, Alaska
LiceDoctors Helps Family to Become Lice-Free
“I moved to Anchorage last summer. Luckily my daughter found a nice group of friends to hang out with. Unfortunately they all had lice which they gave to her. Its an epidemic here. I had used LiceDoctors when I lived in Tulsa and lucky for me they had a technician living 3 miles from me here in Anchorage. A miracle! Naomi treated all the girls and we are now lice free. Thank you, LiceDoctors.” – Kendra G. In Anchorage, Alaska
Ten Tips of What NOT TO DO and One Tip of What TO DO to Get Rid of Head Lice
- Do not expect chemicals to kill the lice–this is a mistake that many people make. Unfortunately, lice have mutated over the years and many have morphed into what are now called “super lice”. These lice are highly resistant to pesticides and are the source of a lot of frustration to families who try to kill them with chemicals that do not work. The lice eggs (nits) are even more resilient as they have a shell that is so tough that chemicals can not seep in to kill the baby louse (nymph).
Do not count on your doctor to treat your head lice– he or she simply does not have the time to stand and pick out every nit and bug in your hair. It is a labor-intensive process and all nits must be removed to prevent a recurrence. Furthermore, as many doctors will tell you, they are not trained in Pediculosis (head lice) in medical school so they do not have the expertise to eliminate a case of head lice as that comes with training and experience.
- Do not bag toys–it is a waste of time and not at all necessary. The lice can only survive off the head for about a day so bagging toys is overkill. Take it from us; we have over 20 years of experience, you will be spinning your wheels if you embark on this endeavor.
- Do not do loads of wash—again this is overkill. You may wish to wash your bedsheets but any bug that is in the hamper with your worn clothes will die within a day.
Do not fumigate your house–this is potentially harmful to your health and will not kill the bugs or nits. At LiceDoctors we say, “When it comes to a louse, treat the head not the house”.
- Do not expect lice treatment to be one and done–it took weeks for your case to develop, it takes a little follow-up to ensure that it is gone for good. LiceDoctors eradicates all visible lice and nits but the newly laid ones will be microscopic for a couple of days and you need to ensure that those are eradicated as well.
- Do not worry about your pet–dogs, cats, and other pets can not get head lice. Head lice need the temperature of the human head and human blood for food.
Do not keep your lice case a secret–the stigma is fading as so many families have suffered with it. Head lice have nothing to do with hygiene and everything to do with being social. If you let your child’s friends know, then they can get checked and treated and then they will not reinfest your child.
- Do not feel guilty that your child has lice or that you missed the case–lice are rampant in schools and no one is immune. In addition, the nits are tiny and blend into the hair so they are hard to find. Furthermore, not everyone is itchy or shows signs of having lice.
Do not waste time on do-it-yourself treatments–while homeopathic treatments are often safer than chemicals, they are also often ineffective because it is still essential to pick out all nits from the hair. That is difficult to do for an untrained person and nearly impossible to do on your own head.
- Do call LiceDoctors–we guarantee that we will put an end to your lice case and will do it safely and efficiently. In addition, we will educate you so that you will know how to help prevent a future infestation. In Anchorage and all surrounding areas, call LiceDoctors day or night at 907-290-2307.